100 signatures reached
To: Kia Australia
Kia: Allow Aussie drivers to turn OFF speed limiting
New Kia vehicles have a speed limiting warning and although a great safety feature, in Australia this feature is creating consistent beeping while driving, which is desensitising drivers to the myriad of alerts/beeps and notifications present on the vehicle.
Speed limiting warnings are very handy to indicate to a driver when they are over the speed limit, making not only roads safe, but assisting drivers who are unaware of the changes in speed limits here in Australia.
Although a great feature, this has major annoyances and issues here in Australia.
* School zone hours are not observed, causing annoying beepings on weekends, school holidays and after hours when speed limits increase.
* Country roads have few and far between signs, and when Kia cannot find a speed limit, defaults to 50kmh.
* Although you can turn this feature off, it doesn't persist when turning the vehicle off, requiring a driver to navigate the settings to disable it again upon every trip.
* Allow speed limit to have an offset value (similar to overseas models), this would minimise the beeping while driving.
* Allow users to permanently disable the speed limiting warning (persisting the settings).
* Allow users to mute the speed limit warning, instead, opting for a discrete dashboard notification (as it is now, without beeping)
Please update the software of our Kia.
Why is this important?
When you spend a fair bit of money on a new car, you expect it to provide some peace of mind and ease of use. Not a hidden feature which isn't disclosed when purchasing or test-driving the vehicle.